Table of Contents
Royal Holiday Club Timeshare FAQs
Royal Holiday Club Timeshare Reviews
Cancel Your Royal Holiday Club
Royal Holiday Club Timeshare/Vacation Club:
Resale vs. Cancellation
Royal Holiday Club is a vacation club membership program based in Mexico. Their claim is that people who sign up to become members get access to exclusive offers at over 180 resort properties. These resorts are located in the USA, Mexico, and the Caribbean. It is speculated that the company has as many as 80,000 members in this club.
Royal Holiday Club actually has a bit of an interesting history. In 2008, ABC News did an investigative piece looking into the company’s sales practices. According to this report, Royal Holiday sought to bring in new customers and get them to attend timeshare sales presentations by offering free meals and special offers at the airports local to the resorts. But once those people attended those presentations, they were told they only had one day to sign up for the program; otherwise the offer would expire. One couple interviewed for the piece, Doug and Karin LaClair, reported being shown a suite during the presentation. However, when they redeemed their membership the first time, they were placed in a Motel 6 caliber room.
So if you’re seeking to cancel your Royal Holiday Club timeshare, you are definitely not alone. This kind of scenario – one filled with false promises – has proven to not be a rare one. We’ll explore more about that below.
Royal Holiday Club Timeshare FAQs
The following are some of the most frequently asked questions people have about Royal Holiday Club Timeshare / Vacation Club.
- How much does it cost to be a member of Royal Holiday Vacation Club? According to the aforementioned ABC News story, “A typical member pays roughly $11,000 to join the club, plus a yearly fee of about $465.”
- Who owns Royal Holiday Vacation Club? Royal Holiday Vacation Club is a subsidiary of a company called Park Royal Hotels and Resorts.
- Can I cancel my Royal Holiday Vacation Club contract? Yes, but how you go about this depends on your situation. If you are eligible for rescission, it is easier to cancel directly with the resort. However, if it has been over 3 weeks, your road to cancellation may be more difficult. Keep reading to learn more about how you can work with a timeshare exit company to cancel your Royal Holiday Vacation Club timeshare.
Royal Holiday Club Timeshare Reviews
There are several negative experiences and complaints to be found when it comes to Royal Holiday Vacation Club and Royal Holiday Club timeshares.
- “The Park Royal is a nice hotel. I have a major problem, however, with the Royal Holiday Club. They sell vacation club memberships at this hotel. We bought a membership in 1993. We traveled to Cozumel for the Christmas holiday in 2014 with our family of 13. The reservation department lied to us about the cost of the all inclusive fee for the resort. We ended up paying an additional $1232 american dollars for the children traveling with us. Member services at the Park Royal agreed to settle the dispute while we were at the resort while we were there, once we left they now refuse to honor the agreement. I can not get the member services manager to call me back or respond to email. Royal Holiday is dishonest and can not be trusted.” (TripAdvisor)
- “We purchased a points membership in 2016 from the sales group stationed out of the Grand Park Royal Cozumel resort. The sales person explicitly pointed out clause 10 in the contract stating that the contract could be terminated by either Purchaser or Seller at his or her discretion. After submitting a written notification to the Corporate Office, all we get is you can’t cancel your contract. This appears to be in direct violation of what we were told. It’s stated right in the contract. We have been current in all payments up until present. All we are talking about now is the yearly maintenance payments. we notified them that we are forfeiting any accrued points and are not requesting any funds back.” (ComplaintsBoard)
- “To be direct and to the point, my husband and I have paid for something and have received absolutely nothing in return. We have never been able to use it. Royal Holiday used unethical business practices to get us to sign an agreement with them. We were promised by this company that they would take over a previous timeshare that I owned with my ex-husband,however, it was not immediately taken over by Royal Holiday as they promised. I continued to get past due statements, and after several years and many disputes, we were finally rid of that previous timeshare. We have no desire to be connected with Royal Holiday and we have asked to be terminated.” (BBB)
We should note that, although the company has over 115 complaints with the BBB, it appears to somehow have a B+ rating. This does not at all change their track record, of course, nor does it change the fact that they are unaccredited. In addition to all of this, Mexico’s consumer protection agency, Profeco, reported over 1,800 complaints about Royal Holiday Club back in 2008. Clearly, there is little in the way of return on investment that you can expect with a Royal Holiday Club timeshare.
So what can you do if you are still saddled with one of these memberships?
Cancel Your Royal Holiday Club Timeshare Using Rescission
If you own a timeshare with Royal Holiday Club / Vacation Club and want to get out of your contract, the first thing you should do is get in touch with the timeshare company. That way you can find out if they offer any programs that will let you out.
You should know that, if you made the timeshare purchase within the past five days, you can legally rescind it for a full refund without any questions asked. This is a Mexico consumer protection law – all timeshare or vacation club purchases must be allowed to be fully refunded within five days of purchase. You should be able to find more information about rescission and its process among the documents you received when you bought your Royal Holiday Club timeshare.
Royal Holiday Club Timeshare / Vacation Club: Resale vs. Cancellation
If rescission isn’t an option because you’ve passed the 5-day mark, and you haven’t been successful getting directly in touch with Royal Holiday Club, you might be considering the option of timeshare resale. The resale market can be tricky to navigate, but if this is something you’re looking into, consider the following websites that will allow you to advertise for a low fee:
However, you should be aware of how difficult it is to sell a timeshare or vacation club membership this way. Even people who list for $1 find that they often cannot sell their timeshares at all. You should also be cautious of timeshare resale companies who claim they can sell your timeshare, but then ask for an upfront fee before doing so. Typically this will just end with you paying the fee and still being stuck with your timeshare or vacation club membership.
Timeshare cancellation, on the other hand, occurs through a timeshare exit company. This is when a company gets in touch with the resort for you, often with lawyers at the helm, and puts sufficient pressure on them that they cancel your contract and all associated fees. While this process can take awhile, it can ultimately be more fruitful, and save you the trouble that comes with going the resale route. However, it is incredibly important to find a trustworthy timeshare exit company, since there are so many scams out there.
Find an Exit Company to Cancel Royal Holiday Club Timeshare / Vacation Club
How can you choose the right timeshare exit company to get out of Royal Holiday Club timeshare? You should always be sure to look for one with a track record of success, with a strong body of positive reviews, and with an excellent online presence. You should also be sure to find one that does not require upfront payments, and instead uses escrow. In fact, our #1 recommendation when choosing a timeshare exit company is to find one that offers an escrow payment option. We have analyzed several companies that have these qualities. You can learn more about our recommended companies on this page.
Why Escrow is Important When Canceling a Timeshare
We always recommend escrow because of what it implies for you and the timeshare exit company you choose. It means that the company does not get paid in full until the timeshare has been canceled and you’re completely satisfied. It also means that they have more incentive to do the job completely and well. Learn more about escrow and why it’s important here.
How TimeshareExitCompanies.com Can Help You
There are more options than ever before for people ready to get rid of Royal Holiday Vacation Club timeshare. You should know that it’s smart to contact the timeshare company first, before getting in touch with anyone else, to see what your options actually are. Once you’re sure where you stand with the company, it’s easier to move forward. And if Royal Holiday Vacation Club won’t help you, a reputable timeshare exit company may be able to help.
We created this website to help people like you find the right timeshare exit companies for their situations. If you want to schedule a consultation or learn more, get in touch today. You can do so by initiating the live chat, submitting the contact form on the right side of the page, or giving us a call at 833-416-8796.