Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 is a resort located in Cancun, Mexico. It is part of a global hotel company called H10, which is owned by RCI. The resort’s timeshare program appears to be managed by the Vacation Store of Miami.
If you are one of the many people who wishes to cancel Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 timeshare, you may have several reasons for doing so. While we found mixed reviews of the property itself, among them were a great deal of complaints about the timeshare sales practices as well as the resort’s customer service.
Some of these complaints included:
- Bait-and-switch practices and false promises
- Badly maintained properties
- Poor customer services
- Pushy sales practices
- Negatively affected credit after doing business with them
When we looked further into the resort’s management and ownership, we found, as noted above, that Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 is part of both the Vacation Store of Miami and H10 Hotels. Both of these companies have a number of complaints in their own right, including the following.
From TrustPilot (for H10):
- “My brother and I bought into H10 premium. It cost us 20,000 dollars for 7 weeks a year for 25 years. We were told there was about 60 hotels that we can stay at. WRONG only 9 of them will redeem our weeks the other ones we only get a DISCOUNT. Don’t lie to us just so u can get a check. We work hard for our money and this is the BS that was sold to us. The Ocean riviera maya Eden is very nice and the people are great but the sale [sic] tactics are bad.”
- “Sad to say that the customer comes last at this hotel. The fault lies not with the local staff who try their best to make guests comfortable despite management. The problem is upper management who has no sense for the hospitality industry. They do not get the basics right. I hope I never have to stay in an H10 hotel again.”
From Yelp (for Vacation Store of Miami):
- “This place is so phony. They advertise prices they know will draw you in only to scam your credit card and personal information. Beware of identity theft if you give this company your information. I fell for it and now have canceled the cc I gave them and locked down my credit with the bureaus. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.”
Finally, a telling report from TripAdvisor stated:
- “My husband & I recently returned from Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10. We had trouble with the rooms. Our first room was on the first floor and was not aired out. It had a strong musty smell. … We were told that was all they had…Until we signed up for the sales pitch for RCI Premium club. I felt like we were put in that first room as part of their sales pitch. When we went to get our “free gift” at the RCI Premium Club, one of their staff stepped in and was able to get us a room on the 2nd floor that was properly aired out and had a King size bed suitable for a couple. Hard to believe it was not actually available the day before when we checked in. But when the RCI Sales person had us looking to sign up for a meeting regarding their vacation program, they were miraculously able to pull off a room without a musty smell and a king size bed….but we had to listen to their sales pitch. Which we politely did….for 4 hours.”
Add to these comments H10’s 2.2 star rating on TrustPilot, several 1- and 2-star TripAdvisor reviews, as well as the Vacation Store of Miami’s many complaints with the BBB, and you certainly have a situation wherein you’d want to get rid of Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 timeshare. And when you’re ready to get started, you do have options at your disposal.
Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 Exit Program
Sometimes, at resorts like Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10, there are official timeshare exit programs available for unsatisfied guests. When we looked into Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10’s options for this, we did not find much, but there are customer service pages that could help you direct your questions to their management. If you search “H10 Premium,” you’ll find the website for their premium travel club, which is presumably where timeshare owners can submit help requests. H10 Hotels has a Contact page as well; if you search for “Ocean Coral Turquesa” on Google you’ll find the main page for the property, which also has a customer service phone line.
That said, the many reviews we read and cited above indicate that this often leads nowhere when it comes to getting out of your timeshare. So we’d suggest considering a few other routes to get rid of Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 timeshare.
Putting an Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 Timeshare on the Resale Market
You might look into selling your Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 timeshare on the resale market. This is typically only an option when you do not owe a mortgage. If you’re in this situation, we recommend the following low-cost resale platforms to get out of Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 timeshare:
- Craigslist (free)
- Ebay ($50)
- Myresortnetwork.com ($34.95)
- tug2.com ($15/year membership)
- Redweek.com ($59.99 – $125)
Finding a buyer on one of these platforms can save you the costs generally involved in hiring a timeshare resale broker, since you’ll go through the process on your own. However, that also means you will have to figure out how to transfer the timeshare to the buyer on your own as well, which can be challenging.
If you opt to use a licensed timeshare broker, the process to get rid of Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 timeshare can be slightly easier and less stressful, because they’ll find a buyer for you. However, they will also most likely take about 50% of the final sales price as commission.
Getting Help from a Timeshare Exit Company
A third option to cancel Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 timeshare is hiring a timeshare exit company. Though this can be a bit more expensive, it can also be a more complete solution. A reputable timeshare exit company will work directly with the resort in order to get you out of your contract, and cancel any remaining fees.
We only recommend timeshare exit companies that have a record of successfully getting people out of their timeshares, and those that exclusively use escrow for payment. Escrow is an important feature because it means that the company will not get paid until the timeshare is no longer yours. You can learn more about why escrow is important on this page.
This website was created to help people like you get out of timeshare situations like those of Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10. When you’re ready to explore which company could help you cancel Ocean Coral & Turquesa H10 timeshare, be sure to check out our list of recommended companies. Legitimate timeshare exit companies can be difficult to find — as with the timeshare industry, the timeshare exit business has a great deal of scams. But the companies we recommend have all been carefully reviewed and have excellent track records, and are definitely capable of giving you the help you need.
If you have any other questions about canceling a timeshare, please feel free to contact us. You can give us a call at 833-416-8796, submit the contact form on the right side of the page, or initiate the live chat to get started.