Cancun Palace Resorts is one of the many properties owned by Palace Elite, and is located in Cancun, Mexico. They have a timeshare program called Cancun Palace Resorts Vacation Club.
If you own a timeshare with this company and want to get out of it, you may have several reasons for wanting to do so. When we looked into this timeshare program, we found that people had many complaints that led them to want to cancel Cancun Palace Resorts timeshare, including:
- Poor customer service
- Failure to issue refunds and credits
- Pushy tactics in trying to get more money from current members
On top of these reviews and comments, we found that Cancun Palace Resorts also has:
- 1 out of 5 stars and no accreditation with the BBB
- 2.6 stars on a website called Pissed Consumer
- Several complaints and low ratings with TripAdvisor
Here are a few of the most notable complaints we found about Cancun Palace Resorts and the company that owns them.
- “I have been a member since 2002. We have had 4 family/friends also become members after we referred them. My contract states it is in effect for 25 years from date we signed. On my contract, it states we are entitled to the referral program (the 4 for 1). Now they are stating it no longer exists yet it was part of our contract that we and they signed. Everytime we call Miami office, we get the run around, get put on hold for a long time, only to say they are looking into the situation. … Now they are saying they can’t explain it but the referral program no longer exists. I need legal advise, ready to file a lawsuit against Palace resort and the people involved.”
From the BBB:
- “Palace resorts repeatedly told me I could not cancel within my rescission period and I spent hours on vacation trying to resolve the situations. We were bullied and made to sign another contract just to get out of the first contract but they still refused to refund the entire deposit. I have sent several emails and still not resolution. I have attached some of the documentation that I have. I do have more documentation as well as recordings.”
- “Bought Resort package in 2018 with false advertising. I extended taking trip due to disabled son. Will not let me reschedule anymore or refund money. Purchased resort stay to Cancun at palace resort on 1 Nov 2018. They did not tell me Moon palace resort was under construction and water attractions were closed. Tried to get refund they said no. I agreed to reschedule at other time. Extended to 2019 and 2020. I called to see if I could reschedule later this year due to covid and was told I can not reschedule and I was a no show and they are keeping my $1,830.30 charge on my credit card.”
These reviews are quite incriminating, and indicate that Cancun Palace Resorts are engaged in bait-and-switch practices when it comes to timeshare payments. It is hard to overstate how glaring of a red flag that this is.
Cancun Palace Resorts Class Action Lawsuit
We discovered that these practices have resulted in a class action lawsuit with the resort itself. If you want to find more information on this lawsuit, you can search for the following:
- Kelsey T. Baker and Frank W. Baker v. Palace Elite Resorts S.A. De C.V., Trading as Palace Elite and Palace Resorts, et al., Case No. 2:18-cv-00319-WB, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Typically, you don’t need to do anything to receive compensation from a class action lawsuit of this nature. If the court decides you are eligible to receive damages, you should receive a check in the mail.
Cancun Palace Resorts Official Exit Program
Sometimes you can work with resorts more directly if they have an official timeshare exit program of their own. This does not, however, appear to be the case with Palace Elite or Cancun Palace Resorts: we searched both websites for information on such a program and came up short. This likely implies that they do not have an official exit program.
However, if you are seeking to get in touch with customer service or member services, you can try the Contact Us page on the Palace Resorts website. There are several email addresses there that seem to connect users with different departments.
Get Rid of Cancun Palace Resorts Timeshare with a Reputable Exit Company
Ultimately, these fraudulent practices, lack of an exit program, and especially the class action lawsuit illustrate a timeshare company that’s little more than a scam. When it comes to trying to get out of Cancun Palace Resorts timeshare in this situation, you want to be sure you’re working with someone who’ll do anything they can to release you from your contract.
Working with a timeshare exit company with a solid reputation and a track record of success in getting people out of their contracts is a great way to do this. While it can be a more expensive route, in the long run it can definitely pay off to work with the right company. That’s because timeshare exit companies work directly with a resort on your behalf to have all of your remaining fees canceled, and to get you out of your contract. Typically they either have lawyers on staff or work with a law firm in order to do this.
We have several companies that we recommend on this website who not only have a history of completing timeshare releases for their clients, but who also use escrow for payments. That means that they do not charge you upfront or operate solely on money-back guarantees; instead, they do not get paid until you are completely satisfied with their work. You can learn more about why escrow is important on this page.
Avoid Timeshare Exit and Resale Scams
On this website, we are cautious about which companies we recommend because, just as with timeshares in general and companies like Cancun Palace Resorts or Palace Elite, there are plenty of scams in the timeshare exit industry. Many timeshare exit companies promise timeshare owners that they’ll cancel their timeshare with a money-back guarantee, but never deliver on their promises and keep the money that they were paid.
To avoid scams in the future, make sure you pay attention to the following:
- Avoid any company that doesn’t have an online presence. That is highly indicative of a scam. Searching for online reviews of the timeshare exit company will help you figure out if this is a problem.
- Avoid a timeshare exit company with a low or with no BBB rating. Unaccredited companies are suspicious as well.
- Do not get involved with a company that has no record of success in getting timeshare owners released from their contracts.
- Try not to simply go with the first company you find, as they aren’t your only option, and there might be better pricing elsewhere than what you initially see.
- Make sure you get everything in writing. Moving forward with a timeshare exit company without a contract is not a wise idea.
If you’re ready to get out of Cancun Palace Resorts timeshare but are not sure where to start, be sure to have a look at our recommended companies for some ideas. And if you have questions about how this process works or timeshare exit in general, please feel free to get in touch. You can contact us by calling 833-416-8796, initiating the live chat, or filling out the contact form on the right side of the page.