Casa Dorada is a resort with its own timeshare program located in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It is part of Interval International, a global timeshare/vacation rental property.
If you are wondering if it’s possible to cancel Casa Dorada timeshare, you aren’t alone. While many people have favorably reviewed the resort, several others have had problems with their stays there, not to mention with their timeshare experiences. Some of the most prominent complaints we found about Casa Dorada included:
- Poorly maintained properties/rooms and grounds
- Unsatisfactory food and customer service
- Poor noise control
- High-pressure sales presentations and pushy timeshare representatives
More specifically, when we looked into Casa Dorada, we discovered that they are unaccredited with the BBB, and have several low ratings and negative reviews on TripAdvisor, Fodor’s, and Yelp (as well as 3.5 stars on Yelp) that outline their most prominent issues. Here are a few of the outstanding comments.
- “We have been coming to Cabo for 24 years and are used to the timeshare people. However, we have never encountered one as relentless as the one who “greeted” us upon check-in. We tried to remain polite (our mistake) but after saying no for over 15 minutes, I got up and walked away, and my husband’s voice became louder as he said, “what part of no don’t you understand?” It completely ruined my first day there. The next morning we were again “greeted” by a timeshare salesman the moment we stepped off the elevator in the lobby. He followed us through the lobby, talking AT us the entire time. We told him we just wanted to rent a car, and weren’t interested in a timeshare presentation. He said he could give a free car rental for signing up. At 8:20 AM there was no one at the car rental desk (which is supposed to open at 8:00) and we were told someone would be there in about 10 minutes. Since the timeshare guy still wouldn’t leave us alone, we walked into town, rented a car, drove back to Casa Dorada and immediately checked out. Who needs that kind of grief on vacation? Also, the only 5-star quality at the hotel was the view. There are a number of other resorts that are far superior.”
- “Come to find out this is essentially a huge pitch for time sharing “opportunities “. Call it what it is, it’s time shares. Enough with the pitches of how great it would be to come back year after year for a reduced price. So what I hear is that it mandated and locked in my cost FOREVER with no real option of exit unless I give my principal away for essentially nothing other than the benefit of not having to continue to pay for the annual maintenance fees for “my” time share.”
- “We bought a day excursion to Casa Dorada from Holland America while our cruise was in Cabo. Our guide assured us it was safe to leave our belongings in the beach area because they had security and video surveillance. My wife’s bag was stolen, and while the assured us they would “make things right”, they have refused to reimburse us for the loss. I’ve tried resolving this issue with them, but since they’re refusing reimbursement, I’m posting here as a warning to others.”
- “Looks nice; feels terrible. The view and the hotel itself look beautiful but it ends there. Pushy timeshare sales, food poisoning among several guests, staff was extremely rude to friends who were staying off site and came to visit (we were with a wedding party of 70+ and some guests stayed off site). Worst part, some people stayed offsite because we were told the hotel was booking out and some guests did not want to be in a full hotel. Got there only to realize they lied to try to scare us into booking, the place was a ghost town. Prices are ridiculous also, $8 for a bottle of Fiji water?!?! Insulting. And the rooms A/C unit smelled of mold, went home with breathing issues.”
If you’ve had a similar experience to any of these past guests, and want to get out of Casa Dorada timeshare, there’s definitely more than one way to do so.
Casa Dorada Official Exit Program
Unfortunately, we could not find any information on Casa Dorada’s website about their timeshare program, referred to in a few locations as Club Casa Dorada and Casa Dorada at Medano Beach. That most likely means, in turn, that they do not have an official exit program, and possibly that they require some level of member access to discuss canceling at all. The Contact page on their official website is probably the first place you’d want to check if you’re trying to work directly with the managers to cancel Casa Dorada timeshare.
That said, please know that you can work with another party to get in touch with the resort to get rid of Casa Dorada timeshare. A timeshare exit company might be the best route to getting yourself released from your contract and being able to move on with your life.
Working with a Timeshare Exit Company to Get Out of Casa Dorada Timeshare
While there are other methods to exit an unwanted timeshare that are less expensive — hiring a broker and resale being a few — finding the right timeshare exit company can often be a more complete solution. That’s because a legitimate timeshare exit company will work directly with the resort in order to cancel remaining fees, end your contract, and return your property to them.
When it comes to this process, you should be sure that you are only working with a timeshare exit company that has a solid record of success, great reviews and ratings, and a strong rating and accreditation with the BBB. Beyond that, we only recommend timeshare exit companies who use escrow for payment. This is superior to required upfront payments, because it means they will not receive any payment until you’re completely satisfied with their work and you’re free from your timeshare. You can learn more about why escrow is important on this page.
Avoiding Timeshare Resale Scams
On this website, we are cautious about which companies we recommend because, just as with timeshares in general, there are several fraudulent timeshare exit operations. There are plenty of timeshare exit companies that make empty promises to timeshare owners, and say that they’ll cancel their fees, but work only on a money-back guarantee. Then when they fail to come through, they keep your money and can’t be reached again.
To avoid being caught up in any future scams, please be sure to heed the following:
- Avoid any company that doesn’t have an online presence. That is highly indicative of a scam. Searching for online reviews of the timeshare exit company will help you figure out if this is a problem.
- Avoid a timeshare exit company with a low or with no BBB rating. Unaccredited companies are suspicious as well.
- Do not get involved with a company that has no record of success in getting timeshare owners released from their contracts.
- Try not to simply go with the first company you find, as they aren’t your only option, and there might be better pricing elsewhere than what you initially see.
- Make sure you get everything in writing. Moving forward with a timeshare exit company without a contract is not a wise idea.
The road to cancel Casa Dorada timeshare doesn’t have to be as difficult as a resort can make it be. When you’re ready to find help in getting out of your Casa Dorada timeshare, be sure to check out our list of recommended companies. All of these companies have a solid record of actually helping people get rid of the burden of a timeshare they don’t want.
Still have questions about how to get rid of Casa Dorada timeshare, or about timeshare cancellation in general? Feel free to get in touch. You can get started by initiating the live chat, filling out the on-page contact form, or giving us a call at 949-229-7748.