Last updated September 13th, 2022
Royal Villas is a resort located in Mazatlan, Mexico, that has its own timeshare program. They are owned by RCI, the largest timeshare company in the world.
If you own a Royal Villas timeshare, you, like many people, might be seeking a way to get out of it. Maybe the hotel itself has given you no issues, but it’s rare that you are able to book a week’s stay there. Or maybe you haven’t had the opportunity to book at all, and do not want to keep paying maintenance fees on the property. Whatever your reasons, you should know that it is possible to get out of Royal Villas timeshare, and many others have sought to do so.
Specifically, when we looked into Royal Villas Resort, we found several reviews that reflected that the nature of the timeshare program was not all it appeared to be. The hotel and resort itself seem to be relatively average, but timeshare owners had a great deal of problems with the timeshare management aspect. A few sample reviews and complaints are below.
- “This is a hotel with a beautiful view of the ocean side, with it’s private beach and clean rooms. There room service is great and very friendly. What I did not like was that I did my booking online and had my confirmation forms, but when I got there, they did not have my reservation and there rooms were almost fully booked. Aside from that they wanted me to put in a deposit to get my room there since they did not book my reservation that I had already paid for. It was truly disappointing and got my vacation on a bad start. Also one of there two available elevators provided for the customers was out of service and the other elevator took a very long time to get to your floor. It’s a nice hotel, but a little more maintenance and organization would not hurt. Other than that, did enjoy the location of the hotel.”
- “We had stayed here about a year ago and only had good things to say … when we went to check in this time we were told that there was a mandatory $550.00 a person all inclusive fee per week. The information was buried on the third page of the RCI reservation confirmation paper, under the description of units and “other things you may find helpful”. I told them I would rather sleep in the street or my rental car, cancelled the reservation, and walked out. Luckily I knew of a very nice B&B that we were able to stay in instead. So though I agree that Royal Villas is a very nice place to stay … the all inclusive fee was a real shocker and definitely a reason for us to be more careful with our reservations in the future.”
- My husband is a timeshare owner for over 15 years and we return to Mazatlan and Royal Villas every other year. This year in particularly disturbing as so many little things were off. … Our sink in the bathroom was leaking. It took several calls and several different handy men to fix and we reported it first thing in the morning only to return from an excursion in the evening and it still not be fixed. The furniture is stained on the edges and the rooms are in serious need of an upgrade. Wireless internet was non-existent even though we were provided with two codes. We were even picking up wi-fi from the Costa next door with a stronger signal than we were getting at Royal Villas. What we like is the location and many of the staff have been there and no us. We will be back in 2017…hopefully there will be some changes”
So as it stands, those who want to cancel Royal Villas timeshare most often have been met with hidden fees, unexpected changes to their contracts, and false promises from salespeople. The properties and rooms have also been reported as run-down and in need of updates. If this sounds like your situation, keep reading to find out more about how you can effectively get out of your Royal Villas timeshare.
Royal Villas Official Timeshare Exit Program
Sometimes, with a resort like Royal Villas, you can work on canceling on a direct basis. While we did not necessarily find information on an official timeshare exit program on the resort’s website, there is a specific line for timeshare related inquiries. You can find this by searching “Royal Villas Mexico” and navigating to the resort’s homepage. From there, scroll down to the Contact Us section, where you can find the phone numbers listed under “Time Share Reservations.”
That said, while exploring the Royal Villas website, we found that some of the links were not functional, including the link to book a room. While this is not surprising considering how dated the website is, it does not exactly bode well when it comes to getting in touch, so we would definitely recommend looking into other avenues to get rid of Royal Villas timeshare.
Timeshare Resale Market for Royal Villas
Selling your Royal Villas timeshare on the resale market is one route you might look into. This is an option only when you don’t owe a mortgage on the property. If you’re able to move forward with resale with that in mind, we typically recommend the following low-cost resale platforms to get out of Royal Villas timeshare:
- Craigslist (free)
- Ebay ($50)
- Myresortnetwork.com ($34.95)
- tug2.com ($15/year membership)
- Redweek.com ($59.99 – $125)
If you can find a buyer on one of these platforms, you can save yourself the costs involved in hiring a timeshare resale broker. However, that said, you’ll also have to sort out the timeshare transfer to the buyer on your own. Since this can be challenging, some people do choose to go with a broker instead.
You should know that using a licensed timeshare broker can make the timeshare resale process a bit easier and less stressful, but they’ll also take in the neighborhood of 50% of the final sales price as commission. So we’d just recommend examining carefully whether this is right for you.
Working With a Timeshare Exit Company
Another option for canceling your Royal Villas timeshare is working with a timeshare exit company. A legitimate timeshare exit company will work directly with the resort in order to get you out of your contract, and cancel any remaining fees.
Though this can be a bit more expensive than other methods to get rid of Royal Villas timeshare, it can also be one of the most effective. If you decide to go this route, be sure to research your options thoroughly, and have a look at our list of recommended companies. There are several less-than-trustworthy timeshare exit companies out there, so we only recommend companies who have a record of successfully getting people out of their timeshares and exclusively use escrow for payment. Escrow is an important feature because it means that the company will not get paid until the timeshare is no longer yours. You can learn more about why escrow is important on this page.
This website was created to help people like you get out of timeshares like those at Royal Villas Resort. Legitimate timeshare exit companies are often difficult to find — as with the timeshare industry, the timeshare exit business has a great deal of scams. The companies we recommend have all been carefully reviewed and have excellent records, so are capable of getting you the assistance you need.
When you’re ready to determine which timeshare exit company could help you cancel Royal Villas timeshare, or if you have any other questions about canceling a timeshare, please feel free to get in touch with us. You can give us a call at 833-416-8796, submit the contact form on the right side of the page, or initiate the live chat to get started.